US File No.— NRBX.E329086 Canadian File No.— NRBX7.E329086
UL’s hazardous locations industrial control panel (ICP) program allows manufacturers who custom-build and/or
mass-produce hazardous locations ICPs to apply the UL Listing Mark at their factories. Our program makes it
convenient to receive a UL Listing and allows you to maintain flexibility in panel design.
There are two types of coverage to apply the UL Listed Mark to hazardous locations panels and Hegwood Electric has NRBX. UL Category: NRBX – The control panel is located in an unclassified location with an intrinsic safety barrier located in the panel. The barrier provides intrinsically safe circuit extensions into a hazardous location. This coverage is detailed under Industrial Control Panels Relating to Hazardous Locations.
THE UL ADVANTAGE
- INCREASE YOUR COMPETITIVE ADVANTAGE — Offer your customers UL Listed panels for use in or relating to hazardous locations. Bid on jobs that specify UL Listed hazardous locations ICPs.
- COVER ALL REQUIREMENTS — Using UL Listed or Recognized components in a HazLoc ICP does not guarantee or imply that the entire assembly meets all applicable safety requirements. UL’s Hazardous Locations ICP program covers proper component usage, enclosure environmental ratings, conformance to the National Electric Code (NEC), wiring and motor protection, and safety markings.
- AVOID RED-TAGGED PANELS — This will decrease delays and extra costs.
- BE COMPATIBLE — UL is represented on each of the NEC’s 20 code-making panels.
- BENEFIT FROM WIDESPREAD ACCEPTANCE — The UL Mark is accepted by regulatory authorities in every jurisdiction in the United States and Canada.